Learn Spanish, 1/03/2016
Are you thinking of learning Spanish, but you don’t know where to start? All beginnings are difficult, but with effort and dedication, you can learn a language as useful as Spanish that will open for you the doors of a new world, both on a professional and a personal level.
You may find yourself stuck at the beginning, but you must be positive and follow some tips to learn Spanish quickly:
1. Reading in Spanish. First of all, you need to know that reading in Spanish can help you to understand a lot of words. If you are starting with this language, you can read loud and learn how to spell the words, and its pronunciation. Reading in Spanish will help you to be more confident, to increase your vocabulary and minimize the mistakes while you are speaking. No matter your level of Spanish: you can find simple books to start, and gradually increase the level. When you least expect it, you will be reading great novels of Spanish literature!
2. Listening Spanish songs and watching Spanish movies. This is the funniest part! You can use subtitles in Spanish at the beginning, or reading the lyrics when you listen a song, but shortly you’ll understand everything without any help. This method is great for distinguishing different accents and expressions in Spanish, learn new vocabulary and ear training.
3. Writing can be very useful to increase your knowledge of Spanish. You can start by writing a diary, where you can explain your routine, thoughts, fears and goals. You can also write a summary of a movie you’ve seen, or a book you’ve read, for example. You will learn to organize your thoughts, create a structure and present your topic properly.
4. Speak in Spanish. This is the best way to practice your Spanish skills, because you need to use you grammar knowledge, improve your pronunciation and understand all the conversation. There are so many groups to practice in almost every city. You will meet new people while learning Spanish!
5. Find a good teacher, a native speaker with experience that will be able to motivate you, to answer your questions, to accompany you all the way and set goals to be reached.
And we like to add another (and very important) tip: Visit Spain! If you want to immerse yourself completely in the Spanish Language, the best option is to spend some time in Spain.
You can come to Barcelona, a very cosmopolitan and interesting city where you will find the best Spanish language School in Barcelona: BCN Spanish Language. With us you can learn the language in an enjoyable and funny way, thanks to our Spanish courses in Barcelona. If you don’t have much time, you can also take intensive Spanish courses in our school. So what are you waiting for?